The Cisco MFT VWIC2 interface cards add numerous improvements over the Cisco 1- and 2-port T1/E1 Multiflex Voice/WAN Interface Cards (MFT VWICs). The MFT VWIC2 cards have an onboard slot for a Cisco MFT Dedicated Echo Cancellation (ECAN) Module (part number EC-MFT-32 or EC-MFT-64), offering an enhanced echo-cancellation capability for demanding network conditions. The T1/E1 MFT VWIC2 cards support both T1 and E1, providing additional flexibility in configuring the Cisco MFT VWIC2s for supporting T1, fractional T1, E1, and fractional E1 for both voice and WAN applications. All MFT VWIC2 modules now include the drop-and-insert multiplexing capability, which eliminates costly external third-party channel service units/data service units (CSUs/DSUs) and drop-and-insert multiplexers. The Cisco 2-port MFT VWIC2s also can enable each port to be clocked from independent clock sources for data applications. This independent clocking capability is not supported for voice applications or with the Cisco ATM/Voice Advanced Integration Modules (part number AIM-ATM, AIM-VOICE-30, AIM-ATM-VOICE-30).
• T1/E1 data---The Cisco 1- and 2- port T1/E1 MFT VWIC2 versions act as a WIC, supporting T1, fractional T1, E1, (including structured G.703 with G.704 framing), fractional E1, and E1structured G.703 applications. To simplify remote management, these MFT VWIC2 cards integrate a fully managed DSU/CSU for T1 deployments and a fully managed DSU for E1 deployments.
• E1/G.703 data---The Cisco 1- and 2- port G.703 MFT VWIC2 versions act as a WIC, supporting T1, fractional T1, E1 (including structured G.703 with G.704 framing), fractional E1, and unstructured E1 (G.703) applications. To simplify remote management, the G.703 version includes a fully managed DSU. The G.703 versions also support all the capabilities on the T1/E1 versions.
• T1/E1 packet voice---The Cisco 1- and 2- port T1/E1 MFT VWIC2 (voice and WAN) versions act as a VIC, supporting packet voice applications by providing T1, fractional T1, E1, and fractional E1 connections to private branch exchanges (PBXs) and central offices, thereby enabling new services and reducing voice and fax toll charges.
• Mixed data and packet voice---The Cisco MFT VWIC2 interface cards can simultaneously support both data and voice, reducing the complexity and number of network components and facilitating a graceful migration to bandwidth-efficient packet voice.
• Mixed data and packet voice with drop and insert---The Cisco MFT VWIC2 cards can be deployed as a T1/E1 drop-and-insert multiplexer with integrated DSUs/CSUs, reducing the complexity of the network and the cost of the central-office ports by efficiently combining time-division multiplexing (TDM) voice (PBX), IP voice, and data on the same trunks. Note the Cisco 1721, 1751 and 1760 support drop and insert between two ports over a single VWIC2 card while Cisco 2800 and 3800 ISR routers supports drop and insert between two ports over a single VWIC2 card and two ports over two different VWICs.
SKU #: VWIC2-2MFT-G703