Features and Benefits
• Cisco IOS Software-based hardware: The hardware includes uniform Cisco command-line interface (CLI) and Simple Network Management Protocol Version 3 (SNMPv3) support for ease of gateway configuration and operation.
• Robust voice quality: Cisco experience in providing toll-quality packet-voice service helps ensure that the Cisco VG350, VG224, VG204XM, and VG202XM provide the clear, robust voice quality end users have come to expect from telephony services.
• Investment protection: You can continue to use your existing analog phones, fax machines, and modems while taking advantage of IP telephony. Basic analog phone connectivity is needed when the infrastructure (wiring) or application does not support or require IP phones. The Cisco VG350 and VG224 offer ideal platforms to support centralized analog phone-line deployments, and the Cisco VG204XM and VG202XM are ideal platforms to support sparsely concentrated, distributed analog phone deployments. Thus you can deploy IP telephony without having to purchase IP phones for all users and you can continue using existing devices. You can also use the Cisco VG350 and VG224 in a Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express environment and migrate to a Cisco Unified Communications Manager deployment with 100-percent investment protection.
• High availability: With these gateways you will experience less voice downtime due to WAN link failure. The Cisco VG350, VG224, VG204XM, and VG202XM have built-in Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) failover to an H.323 connection to a Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) router. This failover maintains voice service for analog endpoints if the WAN link fails or you lose connectivity to the Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Business Edition or Cisco Hosted Collabortion Solution.
The Cisco VG350 is built on the Cisco Integrated Services Routers Generation 2 (ISR G2) platform powered by high-performance multicore processors. In this platform, you can achieve power redundancy by installing an optional integrated redundant power supply (RPS), which helps decrease network downtime and protects the network from power-supply failures. The Cisco VG224 offers high availability during power failure using an external 12-VDC UPS for battery backup.
• Reduced barrier to entry: These analog phone gateways provide a low-cost alternative for low-end analog phones and allow you to take advantage of IP telephony with a lower overall IP telephony investment.
SKU #: VG224