Features and Benefits
● Familiar Cisco IOS Software-based hardware: The hardware includes uniform Cisco command-line interface (CLI) and Simple Network Management Protocol Version 3 (SNMPv3) support for ease of gateway configuration and operation.
● Robust voice quality: Cisco experience in providing toll-quality packet-voice service helps ensure that the Cisco VG350, VG320, VG310, VG204XM, and VG202XM provide the clear, robust voice quality end users have come to expect from telephony services.
● Low- to high-density solutions: With solutions from 2 to 160 ports, organizations can have the right-size platform for the right-size deployment.
● The VG310 and VG320 can support foreign exchange office (FXO), foreign exchange station (FXS), T1/E1 Primary Rate Interface (PRI), channel associated signaling (CAS), and Basic Rate Interface (BRI) 2- and 3-port voice interface cards (Cisco VIC2 and VIC3, respectively).
● Cisco EnergyWise® support: Lower per-port power consumption is supported on the VG350.
● Support for long loop lengths: Loop lengths up to 30,000 ft (9,144m) are supported.
● Interoperability: Cisco VG Series works with Cisco and third-party IP private branch exchanges (PBXs).
● High availability: With these gateways you will experience less voice downtime due to WAN link failure. The Cisco VG Series has built-in Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) failover to an H.323 connection to a Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) router. This failover maintains voice service for analog endpoints if the WAN link fails or you lose connectivity to the Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Business Edition, or Cisco Hosted Collabortion Solution (HCS). Figure 4 shows integration of the Cisco VG Gateway with Cisco Unified Communications Manager.